Monday, March 30, 2009

Moving forward!

To my surprise the mom called me today and told me that it's a go! They both talked it over with their families and decided that despite my added risk, they still want me to be their surrogate :) WOW - now it is real - I am excited, nervous, anxious, a hundred things. I am thrilled that they think so much of me that they are willing to continue with me, but at the same time I am sad that I have to put their little babies in extra harms way because of my issue. I want to be a surrogate to help a couple, not add an additional hurdle to their quest to be parents. But I know (and they know too) that as long as mother nature cooperates, I will do everything I can to care for their baby as if it were my own. After all of this waiting these last couple of months, now it seems to be going so fast! The next step is to meet with an attorney and work out the contracts and after that is all done, I have to start on the medications to get myself ready for the transfer. So onto the contract phase....

2 comments:

  1. Kristen - this is sooo exciting! I'm so glad that things are moving forward for you and the couple. And I can't wait to hear more about your journey! Hope to talk to you soon!

    Brigid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats- Kristen, Brandon, and soon to be family. What a wonderful new chapter beginning for both families, can't wait to watch it grow! keep us updated

    Shannon T.

    ReplyDelete