Wednesday, August 4, 2010

22 weeks...


Not too very much to update, but we have hit the 22 week mark! We had an OB appointment, and the babies heartbeats were looking good, blood pressure good, weight....ehhhh. Actually not too bad - I have gained 16 pounds so far. At our last appointment I remember feeling shocked and appalled when they told me I was measuring 6 weeks ahead (that is, ahead of a normal singleton pregnancy). Well, the pregnancy karma gods have struck me, because now at 22 weeks I am measuring 33!!!!!!! No wonder I feel like I am at the end already (although far from it)! My back and hips are starting to ache, I can't breathe when I lay down, and this horrible debilitating cramp down my left butt cheek that strikes at the most inconvenient of times, sending me into a crippled hobble :) . Typical end-of-pregnancy types of things. But it is the strangers of the world who remind me, when claiming that it must be "any day now!", that no, it is not any day now!! Nor any week now. And barely any month now :) :) But definitely more than halfway there. And although the discomforts are settling in, I have to remember that this is not going to be easy from this point out and I need to just accept it. Because I do NOT want these babies coming out any time soon. I know I need to keep them cooking as long as possible. My biggest fear with twins is being born too early. So although this seems to be a complaining post, it truly is not. Because any type of symptom or pain that means the babies are growing and getting healthy, is one that I happily will take on for as long as it takes to get them into this world healthy and safe.
Even if that means I may not be able to fit in the shower much longer (Leo expressed his concerns about this to me yesterday) :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear the babies are growing nice and strong in there!! :D

    ReplyDelete