Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6w3d - we have a heartbeat!

So today we had our 2nd ultrasound and saw a wonderful little heartbeat of 117, which is really good for the stage we are at now! We did, however, have quite a scare though this past Saturday. I felt a little crampy all morning and then found that I had been bleeding quite a bit. I totally freaked out and ran to the bathroom to see what was going on, and in the meantime, Leo decided he was going to take advantage of my lack of attention and go into my little medicine bag I make for myself each morning. As I am panicking on what to do, he comes up to me and says "Mommy - I ate your vitamins!" and I realize that he ate the 2 Estrace tablets I had in there!!!! AHH!! So between the bleeding and thinking what awful things could happen to him, I quickly ran and called Poison Control in total panic (they said he would be fine - thank God!!) and then call the doctor and then Kendra to explain what was happening. I never had bleeding like this before during a pregnancy, not even when I had a miscarriage, so of course I am thinking the worst. I was a mess. But the doctor calmed me down and said there was nothing to do but wait until the ultrasound the following week.

So at the ultrasound, they found there is a subchorionic hemorrhage behind where the baby implanted which caused the bleeding (sort of like a blood clot I guess that forms when the embryo is implanting). Apparently it is really common and not much to worry about, but I have never had this before, so I am kind of freaking out about it. They told me to take it easy and it will hopefully go away on its own. I go back for one more ultrasound next week before the fertility clinic releases me to my normal OB. I am SO happy we got to see the heartbeat and can't wait until next week - they grow so incredibly fast, it will be fun to see the small changes.

Just a few more week of meds, too. So I am seeing the light of being able to relax at the end of this stressful period of time! I think once we can get to 9 or 10 weeks, we will all be able to breathe a sigh of relief and look forward to the arrival of a new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment